1965 – 1970 Studied at the Faculty of Civil Engineering at Istanbul Technical University.
Honorary Member of the Science Academy (Bilim Akademisi) and Honorary Fellow of the Indian Remote Sensing Society.
Published more than 200 scientific papers and edited more than 20 international books.
Positions in international organisations:
· 2000-2006 CIPA “International Committee of Architectural Photogrammetry” Executive Board Member.
· 2000-2004 ISPRS Congress Director/Organizer of the 2004 Congress in Istanbul.
· 2004-2008 Secretary General of ISPRS.
· 2008-2012 President of ISPRS.
· 2012-2016 1st Vice President of ISPRS.
· 2016- Honorary Member of ISPRS; given to individuals whose efforts in Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing are exceptionally distinguished not more than 10 at any time.